Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Rain!


Oh how I love Maine and fiery skies at 4:30pm.

Life has been treatin' me pretty well lately and that makes me a lucky girl.
Let's start off with Monday. Monday morning...at approximately 3:30 am, I woke up, thanks to a crazy dream I was having. I frantically reached for my light and as I clicked the switch, nothing happened. Darkness. I thought it was broken...and then I realized my alarm clock was off as well. We lost our power! I ran to tell my mom and she didn't say much other than "You're
crazy. It's three am and you need to go back to bed." I lay in bed, tossing and turning for HOURS, not being able sleep. The wind was howling and I thought each moment would be my last, thanks to the huge oak tree sitting outside my window that despite its gargantuan size, was threatening to fall on the house and crush me. I was so restless and I just wanted 5:30 to come so I could call a friend or see if school was canceled. After a few phone calls and my constant Google search for school cancellations (on my phone), I was pleasantly surprised with a day off. And, the power came back on at 7:30 am--just in time to start my day! I had some buddies over and we had a great time bein' crafty, drinking cocoa and staying warm.

We dug through the basement in search of something to do and a dusty origami kit was all we found!

Monday night, my friend Jess and I babysat for five kids--three sisters ages 2,4 and 6, and their two cousins, both boys, ages 1 and 3. Instead of going into detail, let's just say, Jess and I don't feel like having kids for a looong time. And if I ever have to hear a baby cry for three hours straight, I might just scream.

By the time all the kids were asleep, we had lost our sanity.

I made it through school Tuesday on about five hours of sleep. I arrived home to find the two best grandparents in the whole wide world, waiting for me, to give me some gifty gifts. (Remind me never to say "gifty gifts" again.) Nonny had discovered a yarn shop that sold carded wool which I use for needle felting. Thanks you Nonny for your big purchase! I've already got my Christmas gifts list and I've already started craftin'. I'm hoping to give all hand-made Christmas gifts this year... We shall see how it goes.
The "rain day", Veteran's Day and a teacher-in-service day made for a two day school week. And I loved it. In fact, I wish every school week was just two days...but then again, don't we all? I've got lots of plans for this weekend and I'm excited!

Happy Veteran's Day everyone and a big thanks to all of you veterans! Have a happy weekend.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment