Monday, May 2, 2011

Mupdate.

Here's a "mupdate." A Monday update.

In case you didn't know, it's Monday. And I'm sick. I went to bed with a slightly sore throat and woke up in agony! Such a lovely surprise on a Monday morning. Thank god for this stuff and good ol' H20. My throat no longer kills but I still have some pure manliness to my voice.


Anyway, yesterday was a blast. I hiked Tuckerman's Ravine in NH with some friends. Four and a half miles up, four and a half down. Not going to lie here, going up was brutal. There is still a ton of snow on the trail and it was steep. But when we finally made it to the top after two and a half hours of hiking, I was blown away by the sight. Pure, unadulterated, beautiful nature all resting before my own eyes. The sun shone and there was a multitude of happy, friendly souls roaming around the trails and the ravine at the top. After spending some time at the top watching people ski, basking in the sunlight, eating PB&J's, chatting with strangers, petting brave dogs and enjoying the scenery, I had completely forgotten how much I hated hiking up. My legs are sore and my throat is dry but it was totally worth it.




Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment