Friday, December 17, 2010

Behind the lens

As the holiday approaches...I decided I would do my best to document everything. So, here it goes. More pictures, less words. (That's what makes a good blog, right?)


The sunset tonight was gorgeous. I managed to get outside right as the sky started transforming into a pool or oranges, pinks and blues. Sunset is my favorite time of day. The light hits the trees right at a perfect angle and illuminates the dull, naked trees.


Just bought these beauties here. They are actually my second pair (the first pair was plain black canvas). They are comfy, cute, support a great cause and would be a perfect Christmas gift. In fact, when I ordered these, I got my sister these.


The recipe for these "Magic Middle Peanut Butter Cookies" comes from here and is simple and absolutely delicious. I may or may not have had about six of them tonight.


Crazy tree decorating assistant #1. (#2 was not feeling photogenic today.)









This darling Crèche was handmade in Guatemala and we've had it since I can remember. I'm not a big fan of nativity scenes but I have a real thing for this one.



The snowmen and the elephant were both done by needle felting, a craft that I learned this summer on the island. It really deserves its own post, but I thought I would at least share a few of my handmade gifties.

As the pictures show, Lucy is home again. Henry will come on Tuesday. I'm psyched. I'm still trying to get in the spirit but it's 1000X harder without snow on the ground. But, we might be in luck. The forecast for this week shows a few flurries. I unfortunately didn't get NEARLY as much crafting done as I had hoped. But...there's still time I suppose. I just better get crackin' NOW. Happy Weekending.

No comments:

Post a Comment